Sunday, May 2, 2010

SOO behind! A catch up on the kids and pix!

So sorry I have not posted in awhile.  Have just been enjoying life and keeping so busy!

So what has happened in the past 2 MONTHS?  haha.

Mason
Mason finished his first set of swimming lessons and he REALLY likes it.  However, he "does not like that blue thing mommy, I was afraid of the blue thing..." that would be the diving board!  Yea my 3.5 year old scrawny man went off the diving board...not totally willingly and was not happy after, but he DID it!
Tomorrow he starts the same class again (all the other kids in class were 5year old and only 2 of them are moving into the next class!) and he is pretty excited.
2 weeks ago I officially signed Mason up for PRESCHOOL!  Can you believe it??  My 3lb 14oz baby boy is now going to SCHOOL!!  I can't believe he is that big already, here is one pathetic mama who is SO going to cry on the first day of school haha.
And now we are preparing for his 4TH birthday party!  We are hoping to have it somewhere other than home as we will probably be deep into our kitchen remodeling and will have NO kitchen, and possibly no wall on the back of our house!  As well as who knows a vast gaping hole where a foundation will go?!?  Not really child party friendly huh?
Details to come, may just be at a park or somewhere near a pool or lake to have water play time!



Addison
Addi is almost 15 months old, now THIS baby has grown up MUCH too fast!!!  She learns something new everyday and is SO funny.
Her new cute things include: doing SOOOO big, loving on her baby dolls (which includes hugging, patting on the back, rocking, covering with blankets, giving her cups to them...etc;), playing tug with the puppy, stealing Masons trains (she LOVES running them along the tracks), painting and coloring (about 1/2 of which ends up in her mouth), blowing on everything she eats to cool it off, etc;  she is so fun!
I am hoping once Mason starts preschool I can get Addi involved in a class of her own, maybe swimming or music or something along those lines!

Matt has been working his tail off helping all the farmers in town start planting and such for the spring.  We are all thankful its slowed down for a few days (thank you rain!) and he has been able to spend some more time at home!  He will also be starting softball again in a few weeks here!

I have kept busy with my recent obsessions...knitting and just this week I've started trying to crochet.  I definitely have to focus more for crocheting haha, so it may take some time to get it down!  I have had many requests from friends n family for knitted goods so I am going to build up my product line then hopefully start an Etsy store so people can purchase my stuffs!

I have also been snapping a lot more photos and am thinking it's time to get a bit more serious about it.  I am looking into some photography and Photoshop courses in the area and hope to get some "education" to back up my creativity!

I think the next step then is practice.  I am hoping to start offering VERY cheap photo shoots for friends and family just to get more experience while I take classes and build up a portfolio.  If that goes well I hope to make this a side job!  A way to do something I love and help our family financially!  So if you or anyone you know is interested in letting me do a cheap photo shoot, please get in contact with me!

Now I need names for both of these lil side businesses!

More updates and pictures to come...

No comments: